Monday, September 21, 2015

Forging Ahead


photo courtesy of www.loc.gov


   Working as a freelancer has its ups and downs. Being with the family, not stressing over the worsening traffic situation in the metro and owning your own hours are some of the best perks of being a freelancer and working from home. On the other hand, payment issues, connectivity concerns and not getting the job are some of the things that freelancers face every single day. This the reality of the freelancing industry and it is probably not for everyone. But for those that have been doing, it's the freedom to pursue their passion and being with their families is what keeps them going.

   In my experience, I've had my fair share of job rejections. It was either I lacked the necessary skill, or someone was more qualified than I am. When I was starting it out, this used to affect me. I would be depressed for a couple of days and there would be times where I would question why I was still doing this. But over time, I have learned to steel myself for the rejection and try to do something about the things that I may lack to better present myself for my next project application. Sure, it still stings a little but looking at the positive side of the situation and the encouragement of the people around has helped deal with it better. 

   As they say tomorrow is another day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment