Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Zapped out.

photo courtesy of nibbo.com



   We, more specifically I, took a beating last weekend. After finishing my work, I rushed to get a bus going to Galleria. The monster that we call traffic was slowly catching up with me, and it took over an hour, not including the crazy rush hour just to get to Galleria to meet with Allan. His teammates are planning to do their team building Cavite. The place is relatively near his parents' house so he decided it would be a good idea to so that we could drop by and spend some time with them. We left Manila at around 4 PM. We thought we'd probably get to Cavite by 7 PM. We were wrong. By 7 PM, we were still on the road and pretty far from where we're going. Everyone was going restless, most especially me since I haven't had the time to rest after working. 

   We finally got to his house at around 9 PM. We had a quick dinner then he was off to his team building. I slept and woke up early to work. A couple of hours after, Allan came home and went to sleep. While working, I took turns with his sister in looking after her kids. They're a handful, but it was so much fun. It certainly helped me relax and surprisingly, made me focus more on my tasks. 

   Allan woke up around mid-afternoon. He played with his nephews while I prepared our things for our trek back to the city. We left Cavite around 6 PM. Lo and behold, we got here by 8. Allan immediately went to sleep since he has a shift at 3 AM. Monday passed by in a blur probably because we were still reeling from the event-filled weekend.

   Things are going back to normal, and still trying to get back my energy. A lot of sleep will definitely help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment