Friday, February 5, 2016

Craving

 photo courtesy of www.21food.com


     I was so tired from doing the laundry and running some errands that I literally fell asleep after getting home. 

     I have been craving for some chip for quite sometime and I decided to go and buy one after doing the laundry. So I went to Recto where the chips that I was craving for would be found. On my way there, the crown started to get thick. It was a Friday and I think a payday for some folks, so it's just right that everyone will be out. I realized that no matter how many people describe Recto as dangerous and seedy, I never felt that at all. Well, I guess seedy fits, but for the longest time that I have been frequenting Recto, I have never felt an ounce of danger no matter what time I go there. I remember that I spent the night at convenience store while I was reading and writing. I just feels like a home to me. The maddening crowd. The dubious characters. The stench of after sex and everything illegal. All of that feels familiar. 

     So fuck gentrification. 

     I found the store, bought the chips and went back home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment