Sunday, June 21, 2015

Dad


photo courtesy of au.tv.yahoo.com


   Male parental unit and I will always have that who's-better-in-everything-we-do type of relationship. And what's weird is that both of us does not have any competitive nature. He's pretty laid back and doesn't like to be the center of anything and would rather be in the background. I'm basically like him, only it's more of laziness than having a cool personality. 
   My relationship with my male parental unit has evolved over the years. Back when I was younger, I looked up to him and tried to emulate his values. Over time, as I begin to form my own beliefs and values, I noticed that they were not that different from his even though I tried to have a more modern view and approach to things. Whenever we discuss these values, I couldn't help but feel that somewhere in my dad's hard exterior he's proud of what I've become.
   But I'm more proud because I was raised by a man like him 

No comments:

Post a Comment