Saturday, June 20, 2015

Obligatory Birthday Musing


photo courtesy of freehighresolutionimages.org


   My birthday is a week from now and I still don't feel excited about celebrating it. The parental units are still baffled by my lukewarm reception to any idea of a celebration. To be honest, when I was growing up, I didn't really get why there was a need to celebrate my birthday and do it at my school. I mean I had classmates who I didn't like at that time and I certainly did not want them eating my birthday cake. I get the reason why people celebrate their birthdays and I am very thankful that I am still here and I am with the people I love but I feel like celebrating it is an obligation which kind of makes it feel an unnatural thing to do. To add to that I feel like I'm being an inconvenience to others since their spending time on me on my special day instead of doing whatever it is that needs their attention. All of these is just too much of a hassle really. 

   But it is nice to feel special on that day, and a cake doesn't really hurt right?

No comments:

Post a Comment