Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Dilapidated

photo courtesy of lifestyle.inquirer.net


    I spend my weekends and a part of the next week with Allan in Pasig. I usually make my way back to Manila on a Monday or a Tuesday, depending on the appointments that I have for that week. I either take the bus or a combination of jeepney and train on my way home and every time I enter Manila's boundaries I can't help but look with a certain sadness at its buildings.

   Manila is one of the oldest cities in this countries and a lot of structures have built and destroyed here. It saddens me whenever I see an old building not being used. I know that the city hall has condemned them and declared them unfit to be used but that doesn't mean that they just be left there to wither even more. The city could use these buildings in attracting investors in converting the structures into office spaces and housing projects. The city hall could provide the investors with tax exemptions as aid in pouring money and business here. On the other hand, the involvement of the citizens of Manila could also be tapped. Maintaining the cleanliness and safety of the business centers and new housing projects is one way of making the community involve in the progress of its city.

   But hey, I'm just probably tired from travelling. Here's to hoping it happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment