Friday, December 12, 2014

Gridlock


photo courtesy of thegypsy.org


   Earlier, I left Malacanang to go Allan's place in Pasig. Normally, I travel early during Saturdays, but today I wanted to try out and see what I'll discover if I leave the house on a later time. So after my morning work ended, I left at around 2:30. 

   What I found out was terrifying.
   
   There were already a lot of commuters waiting for jeepneys and buses. I made my way to the bus terminal that goes to Pasig. When I boarded, I noticed that were only a couple of passengers there. I thought it would be that way all throughout the  bus ride. I was wrong. The bus hasn't gone that far from the terminal when a throng of passengers got in. Slowly the bus became full and crowded.

   Heavy build up of traffic seems to have sprung in our route and soon after we were stalled every couple of minutes. This is what the average working Filipino deals with. This and the sucky transport system and the constant news of inefficiency of the government. Sadly, we are also to blame for things escalating to this. We never really bothered to care. We took everything as the reality of things and just soldiered on instead of fighting the system and changing the way things are.

   But before that happens, I hope this traffic won't get us late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment